Grand Slam Garage Sales (B&E) of Houston Misrepresentation and Unprofessional. Stay away!!
Prior to reading this please know that I have more positive reiviews then negative. Things have to be pretty bad for me to go out of my way and write this. That being said:
I inquired about a craigslist ad for two barstools that were for sale. The description said durable, solid wood, very comfortable, etc. Here is the current link http://houston.craigslist.org/fuo/3406658317.html . The pictures looked nice so I called the listing which stated it was by owner. After talk of delivery I asked if this was a business. I was then told it was. I was given the address 99 Braeswood Houston, TX 77096 and was not given a name. I arrived at a Grocery store known as Belden's. After calling two more times it was explained to me that this "Business" is located behind the grocery store.
I finally found a door in an alley type area behind the store with one blue box truck, with the name Grand Slam Garage Sales on it, parked next to the door. I was greeted with two poorly dressed men and one woman. They walked me in the Dark Storage room and showed me the two stools I was there for. They looked horrible and one had a crack clean through the seat. The man tried explaining to me that he is a wood worker and can fix it. Mind you I just drove through the ghetto for about 40 minutes to find this place and I was originally told that "nothing was broken" so I was pretty pissed off. I didn't let him finish his sentence. I said I was "not interested" and walked away. Also this is not the same man I talked to. I believe his name was Ben Wessenstein and he is the owner. His response to all of this, and I quote,"The chairs are exactly as pictured and it was a basic description. Says: good wood bar stools, durable, etc. There is a small crack on the wood as it's actual wood. You don't have to purchase and you didn't. Sorry for your frustration man but those are the facts."
A small crack would imply just that, not a completely separated seat right? What a joke. Anyhow, sorry for the rant. The point is, DO NOT waste your time with this so called Business. It's a couple of friends selling items from a storage bin in the ghetto. If you see the number 713-291-8065, the address of 99 Braeswood Square, the name Grand slam or B and E garage sales .... run away!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bar Stools For Sale
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "My husband bought Rexall inserts in his work boots,working in SC heat.These pictures are from his feet after wearing the inserts for about three weeks.Not realizing it was from inserts..."
- "my truck is at parker cadilliac for warranty service,they said it would take 3 days to fix.they call 1/9/09 and said someone jump the fence brought their own blocks and..."
- "I submitted an online order on Belk.com on 12/31/14 after being given an online promo code for 75% off my order. I placed my order and received a confirmation email..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."